Counseling Astrology I: Foundations in Psychological Astrology: $387
6- week course offered through the International Academy of Astrology (IAA) April 21- June 8, 2022 (Week off for memorial day weekend)
This six-week online course explores the origins of psychological astrology and how it differs from a more divinatory application of the cosmology. To understand how astrology came to be paired with psychology, we will explore psychologist C. G. Jung’s application of astrology. We will also examine Roberto Assagioli’s (founder of psychosynthesis) use of cosmology. Additionally, we will discuss the integration of astrology by current psychological theorists such as Stanislav Grof and the movement of present-day psychologists who are integrating astrology into their practice. Next, we will investigate prominent astrologers who work in a counseling capacity, such as Dane Rudhyar, Liz Green, Alice O Howell, Mark Jones, and others.
Once you have a foundational understanding of how astrology has evolved into a therapeutic tool, we will consider the meaning of the Planets and Luminaries through a psychological lens. Lastly, we will look at some of the key planetary cycles concerning one’s own psychological development.
Reading list for Course
- Making the Gods Work for You: The Astrological Language of the Psyche – Caroline Casey
- Midlife Is Not a Crisis: Using Astrology to Thrive in the Second Half of Life – Virginia Bell
- Jungian Symbolism in Astrology – Alice O Howell (recommended)
- Other resources will be in the online course itself.
- What psychological astrology is and is not.
- Astrological Psychology: Psychologists who use(d) astrology in their practice.
- Psychological Astrology: Astrologers who use(d) astrology therapeutically
- Personal Planets
- Social and Transpersonal Planets
- Important Planetary Cycles and Psychological Development
This class is a Mixed-model of online through Moodle and LMS and weekly classes held over GoTo Meeting. The class starts on April 21, 2022. The live classes are held on Thursdays from 8:00 — 9:30 PM (ET).
Please contact me with any questions.
For more information and to register please go here: